Last updated on August 9th, 2022 at 11:52 am
The hustle and bustle of holiday preparations is drawing to a close—the last gift has (hopefully!) been bought and wrapped, the cookies have been made, and the kids are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Santa. And here at Boiron, we’re all taking some time off to spend with our own loved ones and get ready for the new year. But before we go, we wanted to share with you these five fun holiday facts:
– Given the different time zones, Santa has 31 hours to deliver gifts, but his reindeer really have to fly, since that means visiting 823 homes per second.
– The U.S. Postal Service delivers 20 billion cards and packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
– The Löschner family of Neuhausen, Germany, owns the biggest nutcracker collection: 4,334.
– The original ball lowered in Times Square on New Year’s Eve back in 1907 was made of iron and wood and decorated with 100 light bulbs. The modern New Year’s ball is made of Waterford crystal, covered with 696 light bulbs, 96 strobe lights, and 90 rotating pyramid mirrors.
– Hershey’s started wrapping their Kisses in red, green, and silver foil for the first time in 1962. The success of the holiday-wrapped Kisses led Hershey’s to dress up their little chocolates for the Easter, Valentine’s Day, and Fall Harvest seasons. Hershey’s now wraps up to 1,300 Hershey’s Kisses a minute. That gives them the capacity to make approximately 33 million Hershey’s Kisses a day, or more than 12 billion a year.
And don’t forget—if you’re not feeling quite like yourself over the holidays, be sure to keep your favorite Boiron medicines like Oscillo, Arnicare and Nux vomica (heartburn or overindulgence) close at hand. Happy and healthy holidays from our families to yours!