Instead of merely numbing pain, Boiron ThroatCalm tablets relieve minor sore throat associated with colds and hoarseness from overused vocal cords. The tablets dissolve under the tongue, causing no additional pain to swallow. It targets red, raw sore throats associated with colds with intense thirst, intense salivation, or with pain spreading to the ears.
ThroatCalm is also designed for hoarseness due to overused, fatigued vocal cords, or with a dry throat. It’s ideal for teachers, coaches, singers, actors, tour guides, speakers, vocal sports fans, radio and television hosts, or anyone prone to hoarseness. It’s non-drowsy and does not interact with other medications or supplements. This homeopathic medicine does not contain artificial colors or numbing agents such as benzocaine so it won’t mask symptoms of a more serious condition.
Recommended for everyone ages 3 and up, it’s available over the counter in a box of 60 unflavored tablets. Also try ColdCalm®, the Chestal® cough syrup line, SinusCalm®, and Oscillococcinum® for flu symptoms.
Temporarily relieves minor sore throat and hoarseness
- Arnica montana 3C HPUS—Relieves hoarseness due to overexertion of the vocal cords
- Arum triphyllum 3C HPUS—Relieves vocal cord fatigue in speakers and singers
- Belladonna 3C HPUS (contains less than 10-8 mg alkaloids per dose)—Relieves red and sore throat
- Bromium 3C HPUS—Relieves swollen and painful tonsils
- Bryonia 3C HPUS—Relieves sore throat with intense thirst
- Mercurius solubilis 4C HPUS (contains less than 10-8 mg mercury per dose)—Relieves sore throat with intense salivation
- Phytolacca decandra 3C HPUS—Relieves sore throat with pain spreading to the ears
- Pulsatilla 3C HPUS—Relieves raw sore throat
- Spongia tosta 3C HPUS—Relieves hoarseness with dry throat
The letters HPUS indicate that this ingredient is officially included in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
- Croscarmellose sodium
- Magnesium stearate
- Adults and children 3 years of age and older: At the onset of symptoms, dissolve 2 tablets under the tongue every 15 minutes for 1 hour. Then, take 2 tablets every 6 hours. Decrease frequency with improvement.
- Children 3 to 6 years of age: Dissolve 2 tablets in 1 tablespoon of water for easier intake. Follow directions above.
- Ask a doctor before use
- in children under 3 years of age
- if sore throat is severe, accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if symptoms persist for more than 2 days or worsen.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.